I didn't get enough sleep last night (or the night before) so I'm feeling really groggy and icky this morning. I am looking forward to this week - since I'm apparently still on vacation I plan to spend a lot of time in bed. I was trying to get in some hours at the Vet Center and yesterday my boss sent me home and said not to come back until classes start. Since all I seem to want to do is sleep I was in my car before the words were completely out of his mouth.
On a related note, my anxiety levels are up... seems like any small change in the atmosphere makes me want to retreat. I have plans today and tomorrow, but I'd really like to just cancel the next two weeks entirely and hide from everything.
But I won't.
I'm hoping that this is just a fatigue-induced funk. I'm hoping that I will bounce right back and not have to fake my happy for longer than the next few days... but I am scared that this is just the beginning of another cycle of depression. I have so much to do stretching out ahead of me and all I want to do is just stop. I don't have time (or patience) for this.
Moving right along...
I ordered Girl Scout Cookies from a friend who lives in Kansas City and they are delivering this weekend so I will have cookies before the rest of my friends. Ha! (Don't worry, Jackie, I'll still be ordering from S!!) I love GS cookies, thin Mints and Shortbreads are my favorites. Can't go wrong with the classics.
On an entirely unrelated topic, the swimming suit I ordered from Zappos is going right back. Yikes. Wow. So my decision to join the YMCA couldn't come at a better time. And hopefully the exercise will do something about the encroaching depression.
Ugh.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Ugh
Posted by J. Denae at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
December was funk month for me and I didn't get much therapy knitting done. Hope you take advantage of some Yoga classes at the Y. Flora is over 80 and is an inspiration to us all out east.
The exercise should help, seriously. Getting started is the hard part.
The inauguration happening in a few minutes shouldn't hurt, either.
Post a Comment