BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shoe Emergency and Happy

Last night there was a miracle at my house.

All three kitties were asleep on the bed with me. And Scout was actually sleeping ON Sammie. And she let him. She growled a little at first but he just kept sleeping and she finally stopped.
It didn't last long, but I think they're all finally starting to settle down a little bit.


Last night I finished Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs(6). It was pretty good - a little fluffy, but a nice story. And it made me hungry.

Today I'm starting Sing Them Home even though I should be reading The Hemmingses of Monticello as that is the next Literary Feast book and we are halfway throught the month.

I have also decided to join the YMCA again. I took a real look at my schedule and my energy levels and decided that with a little bit of effort I could actually get to the gym at least three times a week. Bean and I both need to be more active and Sally and Andie have been going a lot. I miss hanging out with them and I totally admire their dedication.

Then I realized that the only swimming suit I had was at my parents' house and that it didn't fit very well so I went online and found one from Zappos. They were offering free overnight delivery so I thought, "Why not?" and had it shipped to the radio station (where there is someone to sign for deliveries).
Kerri said the UPS guy was a little freaked out by it. "Why," he asked, "would you need shoes delivered overnight?" Was it a shoe emergency? Was there some kind of problem?
Nope. Just free shipping and an impatient girl.

I am super sleepy today. I was a little on edge by the time I went to bed last night - I kept catching myslef clenching my jaw - so I took a Xanax in addition to all of my evening meds. I should have taken a half. For awhile I was taking them pretty much all the time to keep myself level, but since my anxiety levels have dropped recently I haven't taken one in awhile. (Nope, not even on the plane!) So a whole one was a lot. I have the carryover and I just want to curl up under my desk and take a nap. Or go home early.

Of course, if I did go home early it would just be to play the Wii. I love that thing. I'm so glad that we bought it. And I just odered a couple more games. One of them is like Nintendogs... but with monkeys instead! (I know, right??) I also ordered a Sims 2 game.

I used to love to play video games... but when things got bad at home I just holed up in my room with knitting and books and stopped playing. The video game stuff is in the den and I just didn't want to be in there anymore. It amazes me how much of my life was negated by his presence. How much of my happiness I gave up.

Now I am able to play when I have time and Bean can play with me... we have started doing that when there isn't anything good on television and it's so much more fun. We even have a game that has Bogggle and Connect Four and Sorry and Yahtzee... only you don't have to clean up afterwards and the Wii keeps score. Bonus!!

So apparently I'm happy. Weird.

2 comments:

Lara said...

Yay for happy!

A was still talking about that kitten this morning before school. lol.

Unknown said...

I understand that feeling. Good for happy!