OK. I'm out from under my rock.
Sort of.
I have been sleeping a lot, and spending time with Bean and the kitties. We met some out-of-town friends at HuHot and we saw Bride Wars with some other friends... it's been fairly low key and nice.
That Bad, Bad Man came over Monday and made dinner and the three of us played dice (and I WON! Twice!! I never ever win).
Andie came over last night and I made chicken enchiladas and we watched Lost.
It is going to be really difficult to go back to my real life on Monday, I'm so spoiled by this quiet.
I haven't been reading much and I haven't been knitting much... Even Monday when Bean had a doctor's appointment! We had to wait almost 40 minutes and neither of us had a book or knitting. We just sat around and talked and made fun of each other.
Part of it is that I am having difficulty concentrating. I find that I really get more done when I have more to do... and when I have nothing to do that's exactly what is accomplished. So Monday will provide some much-needed structure.
Part of it is that I have been in a funk, but the clouds seem to be lifting a bit. Things have been really normal and boring, just the way we like it. Not feeling like I have to be battle ready every second of the day is new for me, and I'm starting to trust it more. Waiting for the next crisis to emerge is exhausting, so "normal" and "boring" are my new favorite things.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
*blink, blink* *rub, rub*
Posted by J. Denae at 2:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment