BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 12, 2009

Hi Monday!

We got back from North Carolina last night. What a great trip!! My cousin is fabulous and I love her house and her family. Bean and I felt very welcome and restful. Which is to say we slept for most of our visit. Slept and played with the babies and ate and then slept some more.

Pretty damn good way to spend a vacation if you ask me.

Also, I read. I finished The Book of Unholy Mischief by Elle Newmark (4).
And I knitted... GreenJeans just needs sleeves and a button band.

On Saturday we ventured out and went to Trader Joe's (Dear Trader Joe's, please move here!! PLEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!) and to a bead shop and then to a yarn shop that was in a big old creaky house. And it was disorganized and cramped and nothing was marked and nothing was in any sort of order. It was like Twist had a nightmare.
I stopped just short of clicking my heels together.

Of course, I still bought some yarn... and since nothing was marked I didn't know how much I'd spent until I was checking out. (Colinette Firecracker? Expensive. Veeeeeery expensive).

Oh well. Vacation!!

OK. Now that I'm back from my vacation I can get to work on my plan to spend less money.

Stop laughing.
I can do this.

Step 1: Fix. (No, really!)
A-hem.
Step 1: Track my spending.

I've been pretty good so far today... but then I've only been out of the house for about an hour. My bed was delivered today so I spent the WHOLEENTIREDAY waiting for the guy to bring it. It's so TALL!! I can't wait until it's time to go home so I can sleep!!

0 comments: