BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 30, 2007

No More Germs!!

I got my hair done today - I'm red again! Hallelujah!! My new hairstylist wasn't sure about the color I picked. She was leaning a little more to the copper/orange family and I was all about the violets. I know. You're all shocked. There was an honest to Bob purple and I thought about it for just a minute and then moved on. I am really pleased with how it turned out. It's a weave (or "low-lights") so it's not all over color. It's just enough to be shiny. And red.

And then I had to go home. To the sick people. Ugh.
Bean has a cold and the husband has some kind of stomach thing. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I walked in the door and rather than a chorus of, "Oh your hair looks so great! It makes you look so young and thin!" I was bombarded with whining and neediness. I made chicken soup. Because, apparently they were both too weak to pop the top on the can and operate the microwave on their own. I refilled water and juice, distributed cold medicine and Pepto, and then I rubbed about a quart of antibacterial gel all over my body. I have also taken to wandering through the house with a box of Lysol wipes wiping down everything that will hold still.

Neither of them are allowed anywhere near my inner sanctum (the bedroom) tonight.

Tomorrow is Stitch and Bitch at my LYS and I'm not missing it. (And I promise not to bring the germs with me). I am about half way through my Clapotis and I love it very much. I am going to make it longer than it's supposed to be... I just need to figure out what I'm going to wear under it. You know, besides everything! My favorite part? Dropping the stitches and letting it unravel down. Normally this is a very bad thing in knitting. In the Clapotis it's design. Nice. It speaks to my inner destructiveness.

0 comments: