So my new job went well... there was me and my two co-workers and the security guard... oh, and the suicidal psychotic guy, the two city police officers, the sheriff's officer and the two EMS workers. Yup, it was a quiet night.
It was, actually. I got to knit and I got to know my new co-workers (and they like me, they really like me). I got invited to Bunco on Saturday... I think that's a good thing... and honestly, except for being suicidal and, you know, crazy and everything, the client was very nice as well. I still don't know exactly what I'm supposed to be doing, but I'm sure that will become clear in time.
My supervisor came in at one point (I was knitting) and said, "Oh! I crochet!" We spoke in the secret language of fibers, I made her touch my Berroco Comfort and I took the opportunity to tell her all about Twist. She was suitably impressed by Comfort and Twist. I have found people who understand me.
Bean and I start school next week and we are both excited. I'm excited to take the classes I've signed up for and she is excited about being the oldest class in the school. I'll be taking a class on diversity and the DSM-IV class. I will be able to diagnose all of the crazy people around me! Finally! The diversity class actually is bothering me a little bit because I looked at the syllabus and we have to talk about our "culture of origin." I don't have one of those. I don't know where my "people" came from - neither side of my family passed down any of those stories. From last names alone I can guess German and English, but I don't have any idea how long ago they showed up and I don't think that has influenced my life. We don't have "family recipes." I am seriously "just" an American. The meals that my grandmothers made all came from Betty Crocker, and hot dogs and burgers were our staples. And Jell-o. With Dream Whip.
Monday, August 06, 2007
First day!
Posted by J. Denae at 12:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Yay for a good first day!
I think "american" is a totally acceptable answer to the question of culture of origin, esp. as you explained it :)
Post a Comment