I had Chinese food again today. I did not get a fortune cookie. I was afraid it would say something like, "Hey moron! What do we have to do, smack you with a frozen squid to get you to figure out we're talking to you? Leave the idiot and move the hell on!"
He took his new anti-depressant today. I'm trying not to get too hopeful. Just because he took it today does not mean he will take it tomorrow. Does not mean he will come back to me. Does not mean things will be better.
He also came to be with me last night and didn't have anything to drink last night. He also watched Office Space with me. Again with the not wanting to get too hopeful... but I think he is taking my edict seriously.
In better news...
I finished my Sockapalooza socks and am almost ready to mail... I'd like to put a few more goodies in the mix. Alli, I really hope you like the socks. I had my friend try one on - she has the same size feet as you do - there is a lot of stretch to them and you can wash them. I'll be mailing them tomorrow whether I can run enough errands to get more stuff or not.
It seems so strange to me to be done with this after having it in the back of my head for so long. It was something I really looked forward to - but now I have Kerri's wedding shower and bachelorette party and wedding to prepare for. So there is always something.
School starts soon - Bean and I are both really looking forward to the new year. I feel refreshed after my summer of slug... ready to be organized and learn. Much different than I felt at the beginning of last year and quite the surprise after this summer. Despite my summer of slug, it has also been a serious summer of stress. I think that having so many of my friends in marital flux has helped - it's not just me.
Bean is going into 5th grade and is looking forward to being the oldest class. Last year I let her have very subtle highlights... this year I think we're both going to get a little funky. I still haven't given up my need for purple hair - and today's Talk of the Nation is about tattoos and I'm giving that some thought as well. I know, I know. You should never get bangs, a tattoo, or any kind of elective surgery while you're going through some king of mental or emotional distress. I know. I've wanted a tattoo since I was 16, I just can't decide on a design or placement. It's a big commitment. The only other thing I have ever given that much real commitment to is motherhood.
Tonight is the second S'n'B at my new, lovely LYS!! I'm going to be working on my Katie the intern socks as she is going back to school as well and her last day will be Saturday. I finally did the maths and started the heel flap, then there will be the rows and rows of stockinette for her teeny, tiny socks. I'm going to miss her. Anything more than competent makes me a little misty and she is absolutely more than competent. I told Andie today that we need to be sending her care packages at school so that when she graduates she'll want to join our news staff as her first job. She's meant for bigger markets than ours, but everyone has to have that "get your feet wet" first real job.
That's how much we love her.
So... I'll be posting pictures of my sock pal package, but only after I get the email from her that she got it. No sense in spoiling the surprise for her! (Hi Alli!)
Knit on!
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Posted by J. Denae at 3:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
hi! check my blog...i nominated you for something fun! have a good weekend!
Post a Comment