I'm not sure what the original diet consisted of... mostly whole grains and walnuts and vegetables and a lot of water. There was a schedule to it, and also measuring. I don't know. It's some sort of "detoxifying" diet that Andie found that is supposed to help you kick-start healthier eating habits following a McDonalds and/or pledge-drive-induced Krispy Kreme splurge. I guess it worked... I never really tried it. It also involved a lot of Salmon and I am not really all that fond of fish. A co-worker accused her of eating like a Hobbit. And I guess she was - there were all of these little snacks that she would pack away and nibble on throughout the day. Really, from what I understand, a quite healthy way to approach food.
"Eating Hobbity" has transformed over the years to mean planning out a nutrition-focused breakfast and/or lunch rather than eating out or microwaving a Lean Cuisine. It usually involves this revolting-looking (but really yummy) yogurt concoction that Andie and I have been revising and personalizing. It is filling and healthy and (can be) low calorie and low fat. The "original" is sugar free, fat free yogurt with Fiber One. In Weight Watchers it's one point and it's filling. The newest incarnation involves Kashi, walnuts and dried cranberries. Seriously? It was amazing. I added up the calories and it's higher than you'd want for diet food, but much less (and much more nutritionally sound) than going to Wendy's. And it's been hours and I'm not at all hungry.
So today I'm Hobbity and it's all good.
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Eating Hobbity
Posted by J. Denae at 3:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I actually love yogurt with bran flakes mixed in. You have to mix them in as you're eating it though, because if you leave them too long the flakes get soggy. But it's tasty and good for you. :)
Post a Comment