BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Allergies Bad, Knitting Good

I am feeling sort of blank and sluggish today. My allergies are winning. The allergy medicine I'm taking seems to have no effect on anything but my sneezing and energy levels. My head is still full and my throat still hurts... and now I'm just exhausted. And a little stoned.

So I'm going to write about yarn now. No pictures, of course, just babbling.

My Blue Moon Fiber Arts order shipped (finally). I ordered some STR heavyweight - enough to make the Clapotis (I hope). I ordered it on the 10th and was starting to get frustrated by the fact that it was still "pending" and then I remembered that they are sending out sock club shipments last week and this week and maybe I should cut them a little slack! And also, I was thinking that maybe the Clapotis would be better out of the STR shipment from April - a sort of rainbow-colored silkie sock yarn.

Sigh.

I'm also working on a garter for Kerri's wedding and that is going well... It cemented my love for my friend Lara and the website Ravlery. I was having some problems with the pattern, so last week Lara went over the pattern and made some notes and was generally fabulous - I went home and knit through the first repeat with no problems at all. And then I was poking around on Ravelry and met another person who was working on it and she had lots of supportive things to say about it as well. There is no other place in my life where I feel this supported and understood. Is that sad or just really really cool?

And my LYS is having a monthly Lizard Ridge knit-along. I completed two squares last weekend and love it. I did one square just as the directions stated and on the second one I didn't switch yarns every 6 rows and while I like the way the first one looks best, they're both really pretty.

What else am I knitting... um... oh! My sweater! I have 5 whole inches!! Just another foot and I can start doing something besides knit the knits and purl the purls.

In non-knitting news, Andie and I are watching Lost on DVD. I had no idea this was such a cool freaking show! I avoided it because it sounded dumb and then by the time everyone and their cat was raving about it I figured it was too late to "get it." So we started by ordering the individual discs on Netflix but it was so good that one at a time was way too slow so we're speeding through the second season.
The cool thing about watching it this way is that we don't have to wait more than fifteen seconds for the next episode. The bad thing is that it is really difficult to avoid spoilers. I was poking around online today trying to figure out when season 3 would be available on DVD (December 11) and accidentally found out that one of my favorite characters dies. I'm really disappointed.

Knit on! I'll post pictures soon.

1 comments:

Lara said...

From the beloved Lara, I think it's cool. :D

I love Lost, too. But, seriously, almost everyone dies. ;) And this next season seems like it might be weird, if the end of last season was any indication.