BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Getting Better...

Turns out Bean had H1N1. Her initial flu test was negative, but they called me Thursday and said to keep her out of school another day. I didn't ever get the flu, but I was feeling like total crap too: sore throat and coughing but no fever. I'm still getting over that. Thursday night I could barely speak so I stayed home from the Literary Feast and Bean and I watched DVD's and felt sorry for ourselves.

She's feeling much better... the worst of it was over long before we got the official diagnosis. In our house this H1N1 was not anywhere near as bad as the legendary Flu of '08. I'm still trying to decide how to arrange a blood sacrifice to the germs so they will skip over us this year. I know H1N1 is worse for other people, and the secondary infections are causing a lot of problems. I know we got lucky... but we also folowed basic self care rules. We wash our hands a lot, we get lots of rest, we (try to) eat good things... and when Bean got sick we cancelled everything and stayed home all weekend and slept, took it easy all week and rested more this weekend.

It's not rocket surgery.

I think the worst part of it for Bean was that her friends were freaking out about whether they had it and nobody asked how she was doing. All of my friends were worried about her and asking how she was doing, and that made her feel better. I reminded her that teenagers are typically very self-focused and she shouldn't take it personally.

After two weekends of canceling everything I'm actually going to try to get out of the house this weekend. I have a kinda-sorta date thingy on Saturday afternoon... I'm not optimistic. Of course, anything would be better than the guy who sent me his... um... measurements... (cough). Wow. I was like, "That's quite an offer, but no."
Call me old fashioned, but I sort of like to know a guy's name before I learn those measurements. And also? WHO DOES THAT???
Yes.
I know who does that... and for the record, I'm not interested in fucking him either. If I met him in a hotel room I'd bring electric tape and a tire iron... and he wouldn't enjoy it.

All of this dating bullshit is really just a cover for the feelings I'm not supposed to have for a guy who is supposed to be just a friend.
Dammit.
Little suggestive messages and sly flirting are all making my head spin.
It will all probably come to nothing... I don't even know how much I want from it, but it's nice to be noticed.

(And no, it's not my new boss).

0 comments: