BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Job Update the Third

There officially isn't one.

It was between me and one other applicant... and once again, the other guy won. In the second interview they actually said that they had applied for a grant that would mean that we both would be hired... but the grant apparently isn't happening either.

She was very nice and said nice things about how they were impressed with me, yada yada yada, but I just didn't have enough experience. Whatever. This position? Was an entry level position.
Dammit.
Rejection sucks. And job rejection is so much worse than boy rejection. After all, I have batteries and I can mow my own lawn. (Just because I don't doesn't mean I can't).
Two blocks from Twist I started to cry. Deb pulled me into the back room and gave me a little pep talk and then I spent a WHOLE bunch of money and then I knitted for a few hours. I even made jokes about how if that was my way to handle rejection that Shelly was goign to start calling my ex-boyfriends to have them call me to tell me how fabulous their lives are without me. You know, so I would spend more money.
Joking about it is a defense mechanism, but it helps.

Today is for feeling bad and tomorrow is for more job action.

I also went to Sam's Club and spent a whole bunch more money... BUT (with two exceptions) I bought stuff we use all the time at a good price. So that was good. (And one of my exceptions? The Shark steam mop. I have wanted one of those babies ever since I saw the commercial!!)

In other news...
I am going to a baby shower on Sunday, and last Monday I suddenly decided that I needed to knit a gift. You all know how great I am at deadline knitting. BUT I bought the yarn anyway and feel confident that I can finish on time.


I thought I could get by with one ball of each color, but I want to get through at least one more repeat, so I bought more today...

I also love this pattern (it's just entrelac) but there was another blanket shown in the pattern that used variegated yarn and didn't change colors. I liked the effect so much that I bought some Cascade 220 in dark blues, greys and purples to make a full-sized blanket for myself. I have been thinking about painting my bedroom a dark purple (in the same way that I have been thinking about cleaning and organizing my house) but this blanket will be perfect for that change.

And then there is this headache. I'm on day three - yesterday was the worst. I got sick and had to cut swimming short... and then I couldn't think of anything that sounded good to eat, so I was headache sick and hungry sick and nothing sounded good. Today was certainly better, but there is still pain there, and it's pissing me off. It slows down my knitting, cramps my social life and makes everything just a little more difficult. Like I need that.

BUT, The Fabulous Michelle came over tonight... I got takeout from N&J and we watched a John Cusack movie. And that was a very lovely way to end the day.

1 comments:

Lara said...

That's stinky, but at least they let you know. (I guess.)

My mom conned me into cleaning her kitchen floor a few weeks ago by buying one of those Shark steam mops. I still want one after using hers, so that's good. I want the little steam shooter thing, too. Silly the things we want, huh? What happened to just wanting the latest hot pink jelly shoes?