BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Job Update the Second

I did get the second interview. It's today at 1:30.
I know that this is the interview where I really should just relax and be myself because if they pick me now we're stuck together.
But I want it so BAD!! I want it to be PERFECT!!! SO I can't stop OBSESSING about what I want to SAY!!!
(I even researched "reference lists" so that mine would be perfect.

Sigh.

So everyone send lovely "NapLover is fabulous" vibes at 1:30, OK? Super.

My birthday was great... I had leftover cake for breakfast, then flourless chocolate cake at lunch with The Fabulous Michelle and then Lara made me a homemade-not-from-a-box chocolate cake that we had after dinner. That's a lot of cake. Who could ask for more?!?
Then Friday I had dinner with a friend, Saturday was World Wide Knit in Public Day and THEN an official meeting of The Girl Posse.
It was an all around good time.

I love when The Girl Posse meets because we always have a great time... for example, there was much enjoyment of the fact that IF I get this job I will be working for a convent. Oh yes. Me at a convent. They asked if I would have to wear a habit... and then The Fabulous Michelle said it would be the scorched one. Ha-freaking-ha. I'm not that bad!!

Anyway, I also hate it when The Girl Posse meets because it usually signals that one of our Girls is in trouble. She will totally be fine, but one of us has sustained a rather sizable blow. So we met to talk to her and make her laugh and remind her that we love her. And that she IS amazing and WILL come through this with grace and be more amazing than ever. (Yes, you will, so stop it).

It helps. And there isn't much more to do in these situations. Well, there are a few things I'd like to do with a bucket of ice water and a car battery, but there isn't much more that we can do LEGALLY in these situations.
If you don't have a Girl Posse, run out and get one. We are very handy. Some of us have tools.

Love you, honey... now get back to work before I tell your boss.

0 comments: