BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Job Update

I don't have one.
Thank you, and good night.

Seriously though... I had an interview today. She told me that 150 people applied for this job (that only required a Bachelor's degree). Of that 150 they picked me and 15 others to interview... they will make a decision about the NEXT round of interviewing by the end of the week.

And get this... one of the reasons I was picked was because they "had to know" how I made the leap from Operations Manager to Social Worker. It's not one of my more interesting stories.
I am hopeful that was not the only reason they wanted to interview me.

Also? All of the other 15 people have a Master's degree... so that doesn't even distinguish me at all.

Here's the worst part.
After meeting her and the other staff? I really want this job. It sounds like a perfect fit with my work style and interests. It is (literally) five minutes from my house. It would be really rewarding at least some of the time.

Dammit.

When will I learn to not want things?!?

Things always always come to you when you have decided not to want them anymore. Like men, for example.
Feast or famine.

That is all I have to report.

0 comments: