This time last year my mantra was "I hate 2008, I'll be fine in '09!"
I have been a little down lately (no huge surprise considering the time of year) and there have been some struggles (financial and emotional):
The four months I spent out of work and hiding in bed.
I am home alone on New Year's Eve watching a ridiculous Rob Lowe movie circa 1988.
I spend a car payment on gas every month, causing a chicken/egg dilemma regarding the need for a new car.
I did not lose an ounce or an inch all year.
I did not make any of the much needed repairs to my house.
I did not organize anything and my house is still a mess.
So with the failings of the year in mind, here is a list of the good things about 2009:
Finished my Master's degree
Found a job in my field that I really do love
Just got a raise
Quit smoking
Finally got that bad, bad relationship out of my system
No longer taking anti-depressants
Bean's depression is under control
Bean and I are still close
Finished a sweater
Didn't GAIN any weight
Helped Mom take care of Grandma
Donated six trash bags full of clothes
Even considering the fact that I bottomed out for a few months in the middle this year has not gone by without some accomplishments and happy things. It was sort of surprising to me how many things I could think of, and how many of those things really are amazing.
So all in all, I was "Fine in '09."
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Fine in '09
Posted by J. Denae at 11:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment