And I'm the umbrella.
I got to work yesterday, clocked in and went to find coffee.
(coffeecoffeecoffee)
Before I even sat down at my desk my boss appeared in my doorway. The first words out of his mouth were, "Please don't quit."
This is not how one introduces good things.
I took a drink of my coffee, sat down and gestured for him to sit.
"No," he said, "I'll stand."
I blinked at him and said, "Ohhhhhhhh-kay."
Then he proceeded to tell me what happened with one of my clients (and one of my co-worker's clients) the night before. Which kicked off a series of excruciating and teeth-gritting meetings.
I call them "The Fuck" meetings. As in "The fuck?" Which was my first response to the story.
There was the "what the fuck actually happened" meeting.
There was the "ok neither of your stories match, so both of you will sit there and tell me what the fuck happened" meeting.
There was the "what the fuck do we do about this" meeting.
There were phone calls to parents and guardians. Who pretty much said, "The fuck??"
There was a second "what the fuck do we do about this" meeting.
Then there was a "OK. Here's what we're going to do about this so listen (the fuck) up" meeting.
Right about the time we were coming to a close the other client let slip a secret about my client. The other case manager took her client away and left me to deal with this new surprise.
Which led to a whole new series of "The Fuck??" meetings.
At the end of the day yesterday I said, "I'd better not even hear your name tomorrow. Got it?"
After a whole day of "the fuck" meetings with me I think he felt the same.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Shitstorm Indeed...
Posted by J. Denae at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment