I was so very pleased with myself Sunday night.
So last night after Bean was done with her hour and a half of SIMS playing I logged on and after about half an hour or so, as I was clearing the 2000-word mark, the computer warned me that the battery was only at 5%.
Even though it was plugged in.
Of course.
Damn it.
Yes. Yes I know I could just NaNoWri-by-hand-Mo.
Yes. Yes I know that people - actual published author people - have been doing that since paper was invented.
Whatever.
I emailed the draft to myself for safety, but now my work-bots are refusing to allow me access to gmail from my desk computer. eBay? No problem. Ravelry? Go right on in. Blogger? Abso-frickin-lutely. Gmail? FAIL.
This charger thing has happened twice before - both times it took about two days before the computer got over it's little snit and allowed a charge. If I could actually find my warranty information I wouldn't hesitate at all to march into Best Buy and use the fucking thing as a soapbox... but since I can't find it I'm going to be very quiet and polite and sweetly ask them if they might be able to maybe look it up on their lovely and quite fucking functional computers.
Damn it.
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Damn It.
Posted by J. Denae at 5:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You might try this, when it is all unplugged, only touching the computer with one hand at a time (don't fuck with electricity.) Use a Q-tip dipped in alcohol to clean off all the little metal connections on the battery and the part of the computer that the battery plugs into. You can do the same with the power cord. It might help, it might not.
Post a Comment