I'm so tired.
Tuesday I raced home to pick Bean up and then we got a quick dinner and went to see Wicked. It was great.
After the show was over I recorded a speedy quick voice over job. Well... it would have been speedy quick if I weren't so rusty. It took me half an hour to record a 90-second spot.
(Amateur).
It had been so long since I recorded anything, and even given how long it took me to get it right it feels good to be good at something.
Wednesday I got up early to take care of Grandma and left for work by 7. I didn't get home Wednesday night until almost 7:30 last night. That's a long freaking day.
Today was not as long, but as I'm settling into this job the problems are getting more and more complicated. I have gotten to know the clients and the agency well enough that I am starting to feel confident about my role. It was weird at first to have people who have worked there for 15 years deferring to me when we all knew I had no clue... but the things that fall into Case Manager Land can only be decided and acted on by case managers. So their asking me was really just a formality.
Now I'm starting to actually have something to say.
But it's exhausting, y'all. I've got a zillion balls in the air all day long.
It is such a relief to climb into my car at the end of the day, hit the "play" button on my current novel and breathe all the way home.
I'm listening to the newest Diana Gabaldon novel. I want so much to be embarrassed by how much I like these crazy romance/historical/time-fucking-travel books, but I just can't. I started reading this series when I was pregnant with Bean... and let me just say that as much as I don't want to get married again, I am totally and completely in love with James Fraser and want to marry him and have a dozen little red-headed Scottish babies with him. Seriously.
But then, between 8am and noon most days I would marry anyone who showed up with coffee or found a way for me to sleep as much as I did during the Summer of Darkness and still have a job and get a paycheck.
I have actually been knitting a bit... here are the teeny baby monkey socks I started tonight for my cousin's teeny baby. He was premature, and now at 2 months old is almost as big as Bean was at birth.
Friday, November 06, 2009
Tired
Posted by J. Denae at 12:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Tiny baby monkey tiny socks are ADORABLE!
Post a Comment