BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 19, 2010

Tick, tick, tick

In a month I will be busy.

That's my current mantra. For now I'm just watching the clock. Every two hours I go feed the meter and at the end of the day I get to go home.

I have three clients now, which does not quite fill 40 hours a week. A "full caseload" for me is allegedly 10 (as opposed to my previous 28). The other specialist is down to 5 now... so we'll see. For now I see my three whole clients and write my three whole case notes and then I offer to do stuff for other people in the office (while reminding them that they shouldn't get used to it because in a month I will be busy).

Some days I'm just a really well-educated, high-paid errand girl.

It's not so bad.

I think I have lured my office mate into the dark world of knitting... heh heh heh. I'm going to start her on a washcloth and see if it takes.

Bean has been with her dad every other week and it has made for a really nice summer. She's gone for a week and I miss her and then we have a week to do stuff together and have fun and then she goes back. I sometimes wish her dad lived in town and we could do this year-round. Then I think about the unfortunate hair cut she got a few weeks ago and then I remember why this would not be a good plan.

It is amazing to me that summer is half over and school will be starting soon... I still get the back-to-school pangs and feel an overwhelming urge to buy filler paper and pink erasers. (You know, for Bean).

The fun thing about this job was that I got to go buy markers and crayons and colored pencils to use with my clients. Also, Uno and regular playing cards and I am seriously contemplating a Play-Doh aquisition. With kids - especially MR/DD kids - getting them to play helps them engage and then they open up just a little bit.

I'm feeling better about leaving Mac. Keeping in contact with some of my former co-workers has helped... I keep up on the gossip and the crazy office politics and that reminds me why sometimes a larger office is better. I'm sure there is office drama here, and I'm sure there are politics at play, but I just do my little job and go home and I just don't get involved. It takes a lot less energy. My plan is to stay under the radar, only coming into view when I volunteer to do something (like man the booth at the kids mental health fair next month - because I am crazy like that).

There are opportunities for advancement and it has been suggested to me that I go for them... and I am moving in that direction... slowly. I really don't know what I want from this job. Every time I think I know what I want from something I get something else entirely... so I'm just going to hold still for awhile and see what happens.

Like a ninja.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Or like a Bawss :D