Friday night someone asked me if I was still blogging and I said, "Yes!" without hesitation. Then I realized how long its been since I posted anything.
My last day at work was the best and worst last day ever. I felt loved and missed and sad. I spent that weekend mostly in bed feeling like I had made the worst mistake of my life and started my new job without a shred of energy or motivation. Good times.
The first two weeks felt like a conference with all of the trainings and weirdness... I kept reminding myself that I wasn't going back to Mac and it hurt every time. Things are evening out now, and I'm finding my own pace.
The truth is that it's not so bad. I don't love this job, and I miss my old job, but this really was a good move for me. And the reason I haven't been blogging much is because that's really all I have to say about it. I'm not even ambivalent and conflicted about it. I just don't have any strong feelings about it at all and I feel really blank.
Maybe that will make me more effective because I won't get so caught up in everything.
Or something.
Things are good at home... Bean is having a much better summer (despite an unfortunate hair cutting incident in which the idiot stepmother - who is not a cosmetologist - decided she needed bangs). Me working in town has been really positive for her. My house is still a giant mess, but I am feeling more organized and on top of things than I have in awhile.
The cats are nuts-o as always. We came home Saturday and found three skeins of yarn in weird places and a hairball thoughtfully placed on a towel on my bed. Also they have fleas. My inside cats have fleas. Which means I gave them fleas. Super. I have ordered some flea junk and hopefully by next weekend we will be once again flea-free.
I've also seen my friends more often and we restarted swim night at mom's house...
Everything is just... fine...
So why do I feel so empty??
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Fine
Posted by J. Denae at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment