BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Counting Down

My last day is a week from tomorrow. I'm still a little bit in denial about it.

I have spent this week training my replacement. That has been interesting. She's going to be fine as soon as the "deer in the headlights" phase passes. The funny thing is that there are times, especially in the afternoon, when she says, "What do you usually do now?" and the real answer is, "Hang out and gossip." The training answer is, "Let's look at some of the client schedules."

And we've all been on our best behavior. She is young (24) and ... sheltered (raised Holdeman Mennonite) ... and everyone in my highly inappropriate department has been scared to death that they would offend her or scare her away.
She's fine.
She even had a margarita at dinner tonight. Everyone was shocked... but the thing I've noticed about her is that while she does not use bad language or gossip about people (so far) she does seem really amused when we do.

It just feels weird to help someone feel at home when I am really not ready to move on.

I will get there. I'm sure I will.

In eleven days I'll be coming home from my own first day at my new job... I'll probably be exhausted and overwhelmed and have the "deer in the headlights" thing going on. I will be sad and I will miss my crew...

But my commute will be shorter.

0 comments: