I am alone this year... and you'd think that would be a bad thing. Depressing and lonely...
Last year I thought I had someone who loved me, and that someone bought me roses and a big stuffed gorilla... and then couldn't take me out ON Valentine's day because he was taking his actual girlfriend (who he claimed was just a friend) to see a comedian. Oh, and he needed Bean to babysit.
Oh yes. My child babysat. While he took his real girlfriend out. On Valentine's day.
That was the beginning of the end of that relationship.
I know.
That should have been the end of the end. But I think I just needed to see how far he would let it go. The answer to that was pretty fucking far, but that is a whole nother story and mostly I'm trying to just letitgo. Something along the lines of "once bitten, twice shy, third time use a taser."
So you'll maybe understand why this year has been so much better.
Friday night I had what turned out to be the best date I've been on in YEARS. He was attentive and funny and engaging and we talked and laughed until 2am... at which point he went home to his husband and I went home to the cats. Bean has been trying to tell me that we needed a gay boyfriend to complete our lives. And I do live this guy. He was one of my favorite teachers when I was getting my Master's and now he's becoming a good friend. Love that.
Saturday I went to Twist, and bought the yummiest yarn to start my Destroyed Cowl. Its Mochi Plus - worsted version of the oh so lovely Mini Mochi. 
Of course I also had to buy the matching Mini Mochi to make socks to match... I'm thinking it might be possible to make a "destroyed sock," but I'm still in the planning stages of that one. I'll let you know.
I had heard from others who made this cowl that it becomes tedious - as 45 inched of stockinette can. I'm almost half way through it and so far I'm still having a great time. Maybe it's the color changes, or maybe it's because I am just feeling peaceful, but I'm still loving this and I can't wait for the magic of the organized destruction at the end.
Then I had dinner with Deb and Katie - and we laughed and talked and ate the BEST chocolate cake I've had in a long time... It was so big and so good that I had to take the rest home. I also bought myself a lovely little Valentine's present. No flowers or boxes of chocolates - those will be half price tomorrow anyway. I bought the little mini laptop that I have been wanting, and I love it as much as I thought I would. It's perfect and light and has a little Bluetooth USB thingy that allows it to connect to the internets through my Blackberry.
LoveLoveLove.
Today I went to the used book store, grocery shopping, cleaned and watched In Bruges, Sin Nombre and Live Free or Die Hard...
And worked on my cowl.
And ate my leftover cake.
For lunch I had crusty bread with butter and honey and apples and Havarti.
In a little while I'm going to take a long, hot bath and read a book.
It really is all about the love.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Valentine's Day
Posted by J. Denae at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I don't comment often, but I am so proud of you! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend, and the yarn is making me drool.
Post a Comment