I slept most of the day yesterday... trying to ward off this stupid sinus infection. My whole face was throbbing and I was dizzy and achy. Today is better.
Because I slept so much I was up WAY earlier than usual - 7am. I know, right! It's almost like I'm almost a real person with a life and everything.
I made Boeuf Bourguignon. Yup. At 7am.
But it felt really good... Julia Child really did create an amazingly well-written cookbook, so it was a lot like knitting a Cookie A pattern. It looks incredibly difficult and fiddly, but really it's just a matter of trusting the instructions.
If you decide to make it... and you're anything like me... one of the final steps is to strain the cooking juices and reduce it for the sauce. While you're reducing the meat and buttery mushrooms and bacon are just sitting there in the pot blinking at you all seductively.
I thought, "Well, I should try it... you know, to adjust the seasonings if I need to." Oh. My. God. It was so good. I had to put the lid on it so I didn't eat all of the beef!! Next time I'm making it ahead like this I'm going to put a little extra beef in it so that I can have that for lunch and then again for dinner!!
So I actually accomplished something.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Fait Accompli
Posted by J. Denae at 6:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Okay, I have a bajillion cookbooks that I rarely use. But with a recommendation like that, I just might have to add that one to the shelf - and actually make use of it.
Post a Comment