Updates first...
First - Work last week was CRAZY. And not good crazy. Peyton Place, Drama Llama, people crying and jobs were on the line crazy. I was just an observer, but people I care about were in the middle of some serious shit. It was a tense and stifled place to be and I hopehopehope we can all take a breath and have a more normal week next week.
Second - I still have hair. I should have done it right away, before I had a chance to think about it and consider my job. I should have done it before I applied for a part-time weekend job with the county. I should have done it before I chickened out.
I suck. Though I may end up with a compromise and shave the "under layers" of my hair. Lord knows I have enough of it that losing a few layers wouldn't upset too many corporate killjoys...
Third - Yes, you read that right, I applied for a part time job at The Evil Empire once again. I'm hoping it won't suck out ALL of my soul and will make it possible to buy a better car.
Finally - It's the end of March and I am OK. I am. I have been more emotional and more likely to hide out, but all things considered I'm fine. Mostly. I'm not making any promises for Tuesday, but right this second things are smooth.
In other news, for reasons too stupid to mention my ex-boyfriend was (briefly) in my house on Friday with Bean when I wasn't home. (There is a reason he was there, he did have permission from another adult - just not exactly from me). Then he texted me from the house pretending that he was Bean using his phone - but I know her texts and it wasn't her. Then he sent me an email. And then when I logged on to a social website I found a message from him there.
Bad timing, dude.
And it's not like he's not aware that the end of March is a difficult time (read: emotional cluster fuck) for me. He was, you know, present for all of that. So he's either stupid, cruel or totally insensitive. ("D, All of the Above" anyone?)
I could ignore the intrusion into my house, and I could ignore the texts and I could ignore the email... but all of that with the message thrown in was just a little too much. I send a brief but pointed message back.
So he responds back with this "Woe is me" bullshit about how loving me scares him. Um. Yeah, if that's what you think love looks like I totally understand. The way you "loved" me is scary as hell. Gives me the shivers just thinking about feeling like that again!
Then he did the typical, "I'm a bad person and just can't express what I feel so hate me if you must."
Really? Really?!?
Oh, Sweetie, I've got nothing left in me for you and it takes actually being able to feel something to hate someone.
He also tried to turn it back on me... like I had demanded more of a relationship than he was willing to give. Well... now that I think about it, I did demand that he not fuck anyone else while we were together and that was more than he was willing to give.
Mea fucking culpa.
I did respond to his whining... he may have noticed that I am no longer pulling my punches with him. Someone ought to warn him that the next step in the progression is to aim lower.
Once bitten, twice shy, third time carry a weapon.
Is it May yet?? I need to get the fuck out of town and I need my Gene fix. I may have to figure out a way to get up there before my work trip.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Bad Timing, Buddy
Posted by J. Denae at 5:48 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment