One of my clients died suddenly in her sleep, so the entire week felt surreal and gasping. I've only been at the company for four months (holy cats has it only been four months?!?) but I had a lot of one on one time with her. She was funny and caring and sweet and I am lucky that I got to know her. Tomorrow is the funeral, so I'm heading back to Mac in the morning. She had just survived cancer... and she had a cold last week, but otherwise appeared to be fine. Some of my coworkers had known her for more than ten years, so it's been rough on everyone.
I was also sick this week, sick enough to take the day off on Thursday. M died on Tuesday and all day I felt like I was going to throw up. The shock of it, and the increased adrenaline. Wednesday morning my head ached and my arms and legs felt leaden. I attributed this to grief... and the absolute last thing I wanted to do was face the other clients. My responsibility was to comfort them and help them through it... but I just didn't feel like I had the energy to deal with it.
Wednesday when I got home I made dinner (french bread and mozzarella grilled cheese with marinara sauce - my nummy twist on grilled cheese and tomato soup) and then went right to bed. Seriously. At 7:30.
When I woke up on Thursday my head was pounding and I was dizzy and everything hurt. I rarely call in sick - I don't have enough leave built up, and losing 8 hours somehow puts me more than 8 hours behind. But I slept and I slept and I slept, and then I had a restorative Icee from Walgreens... I do SO love Walgreens, and now they're even better what with the Icees and all.
This morning I felt better - not quite 100%, but good enough to make it through meetings and the metric ton of paperwork involved in the death of a client. Since I have to be in Mac tomorrow anyway I'm going to work a few make-up hours. While I hate working on Saturdays it will keep next week from kicking my ass!!
So laundry tonight... it's such a glamorous life I lead.
Friday, January 22, 2010
What a week.
Posted by J. Denae at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment